Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Infrared Sauna and other Sauna topics.
The infrared saunas at saunas.com can last a lifetime, if cared for properly. Follow these simple instructions to care for your infrared sauna:
• When you install your sauna, make sure that all electric circuits and the plug meet the appropriate requirements. For example, the smaller models from Polar Sauna require 120v outlets, while the larger models require 240v hard wire
• Make sure to shut down the sauna after two hours of continuous use
• Turn off the sauna and unplug the power cable when you're finished with your session
• Do not dry clothes or towels in the sauna
• Don't get the infrared tube wet
• Clean the sauna with a wet cotton towel, and dry with a clean, dry towel
• Do NOT use strong cleaning chemicals on an infrared sauna; it could damage the wood and the layer of protection on the wood
Refer to each manufacturer (Polar Sauna, Sauna Warehouse, and SaunaGen) for specific care requirements for their models.