Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Steam Rooms and other Sauna topics.
Both steam rooms and saunas are associated with making the bather sweat; but what is the difference between the two?
• Steam rooms only generate heat with steam. Saunas can use dry heat or infrared heat as well as steam to warm the body.
• Steam rooms are usually made of glass, while saunas are usually made of wood.
• Steam rooms have an external steam generator, while saunas usually have a stove located in the sauna that generates the heat.
• The primary goal of steam rooms is to make the bather sweat. Saunas, especially those that use infrared or dry heat, have other goals such as muscle stimulation.
• The environment inside a steam room is much wetter than the environment inside a sauna.