Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Build a Sauna and other Sauna topics.
Building a sauna is an accomplishment, and your sauna should last a long time if you follow some simple technical considerations:
• If you are using an electric stove, make sure you have the electric outlets for the heater in place before installing the wood
• Use R11 insulation on the ceiling and walls, and then cover them with either plywood or drywall
• Make the ceiling at least 7'1” high
• Consider installing a tiled floor; for easy cleaning, the tile should come up about 4” on the walls
• Blind nail the benches from underneath to prevent burning your skin on the hot metal
• The door to the sauna should be self-closing without a door knob
An expert at the Sauna Warehouse should be able to help you determine which technical considerations you should keep in mind.