Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Sauna Health Benefits and other Sauna topics.
Saunas can provide many benefits to most people, including muscle stimulation, pain relief, and skin rejuvenation. However, if you have any chronic illnesses or any of the following conditions, talk to your doctor before beginning regular sauna use:
• Have high or low blood pressure
• Have heart disease
• Are pregnant or nursing
• Have a history of hemophilia
• Have had problems with adrenal suppression
Also, take the following precautions when using your sauna:
• Drink plenty of water to replenish your body
• Build the temperature and duration of your sauna slowly
• If you don't feel well, leave the sauna
And, perhaps most importantly, never use a sauna while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.