Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Infrared Sauna and other Sauna topics.
Infrared saunas are safe and therapeutic. However, to make sure you get the full benefits of infrared sauna, you should follow these guidelines:
• Before you use any (not just infrared) sauna, make sure you ask your doctor if it's safe for you
• Drink plenty of water when using the sauna to keep yourself hydrated
• If you do not feel well at any time while using the sauna, leave immediately
• Sauna use is not a good idea for pregnant women. Check with your doctor before any sauna activity
• Don't use a sauna if you have been drinking or taking drugs
• Build the temperature and duration of you sauna sessions slowly; don't overdo all at once!
• Do not use if you have the following medical conditions: adrenal suppression, acute joint injuries, hemophilia, multiple sclerosis