Sauna Health Benefits Extend to Blood Vessel Function
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Sauna Health Benefits and other Sauna topics.
Can a sauna help blood vessel function?
According to research reported in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, infrared sauna was able to improve blood vessel function and reduce the risk of high blood pressure, diabetes and other associated health conditions.
The health benefits of sauna, particularly infrared sauna treatment, were found to
- Lower blood pressure
- Assist in weight loss
- Lower blood sugar
- Increase blood flow and circulation
- Lower cholesterol
- Lower triglycerides
To experience infrared sauna benefits use the following quick and easy tips:
- Take a brisk 15-30 minute walk.
- Use facilitated stretching, Yoga or Range of Motion (ROM) exercises.
- Decrease your consumption of caffeine and sugar. Drink fruit juice or even better, eat fruit instead.
- Add a salad and glass of water to your lunch and dinner. It will help you feel fuller while providing your body with needed nutrients.
- Schedule your sauna experience to be pleasant, "time out" sessions throughout the week.