Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Sauna Health Benefits and other Sauna topics.
Substantial research has found many health benefits related to the use of a sauna but the impact on muscle and joint pain relief is of special interest to those suffering from arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome and other chronic ailments.
Infrared saunas increase circulation and detoxify the body in a relaxing, gentle manner without the use of medications, harsh chemicals or uncomfortable body wraps. According to the American Journal of Medicine, 40 to 70 percent of patients reported pain relief after a sauna. By increasing blood circulation and removing metabolic waste, muscle are able to relax and pain relief to the affected joints is possible.
To derive the most muscle and joint pain relief with your very own home sauna, use these quick tips:
1. Consult with your healthcare provider before beginning any sauna therapy. Although the majority of people find a sauna relaxing and beneficial, there are some contraindications to the use of a sauna.
2. Consider having a massage in conjunction with the sauna therapy for a complete relaxation experience.
3. Use in conjunction with Yoga or facilitated stretching techniques.
4. Adhere to an anti-inflammatory diet.
5. Adopt a low-impact exercise regiment such as spinning or swimming.
These five tips have been found to reduce muscle and joint pain with fewer medications or side effects while increasing your overall health.