Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Dry Saunas and other Sauna topics.
If you want to get the maximum sauna experience when using a dry sauna, you should sauna like the Swedes do, as they developed the dry sauna. Here are the steps you should take to sauna like a Swede:
• Remove all your clothes before entering the sauna
• Shower first to make sure the sauna stays clean
• Take a small towel into the sauna with you to sit on
• Sit on the upper bench (if there is one), as that's the preferred seat
• Put water on the bench to keep you from burning
• Take another shower if you want to cool down after your sauna
• Go back and forth between the shower and the sauna, to get the full benefit of the sauna heat
• Don't put your clothes back on until you are completely cool
There are several options for dry saunas available at saunas.com; you can select a standard sauna heater by a manufacturer like Polar Sauna or MrSauna and use it without water, or you can select an infrared sauna room from SaunaGen or the Caatu Series by Sauna Warehouse.