Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Build a Sauna and other Sauna topics.
A Finnish sauna architect has developed a system of ratings saunas, from one to five stars. A five-star sauna is considered the highest rating for any sauna. If you are interested in building the most luxurious sauna you can, incorporate some of these five-star criteria. Or, consider purchasing a Catalina Luxury Sauna from saunas.com, which includes many of the five-star features.
• Have many stones of the appropriate kind, at least 50kg of stones that put off adequate amount of heat
• Have good bench height, so the bathers should be completely above the heater
• Have appropriate ventilation; for either an electric or wood heater, there should be proper ventilation coming in to provide fresh air
• Have oxygen-rich air, making sure the air in the sauna is fresh and pleasant
• Use clear, clean water, such as regular drinking water, not rainwater or seawater
• Have mood lighting, so direct lights do not interfere with the relaxation of the users. Lights should be behind wood paneling and obscured
• Made of wood, like thick logs
• Have good attention to detail, like benches and other surfaces that can be easily cleaned and nails that are hidden
If you want a five-star sauna but aren't sure how to go about the design, consider designing a custom sauna with the aid of a manufacturer like Polar Sauna or Catalina Luxury Saunas.