Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Steam Rooms and other Sauna topics.
When you are designing a steam room for your home, you must take the following points into consideration:
• The steam generator should be installed outside the steam room, but not outdoors
• Allow enough space for the steam generator to be serviced
• Use plumbing connections so that the generator can be removed, if necessary
• Make sure to contact the manufacturer of the material you decide to use for your steam room to make sure it will stand up to the heat and damp
• Try to avoid installing your steam room around skylights and outside windows
• Try to avoid installing your steam room on an outside wall, as it means a larger generator is necessary
• The ceiling of the steam room should be around 7', with the maximum height being 8'
• Slope the ceiling and seats in the steam room to allow condensation to roll off
• Make sure the steam room drains properly