Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Sauna Equipment and other Sauna topics.
There are many different kinds of steam sauna stoves available for your home sauna; one manufacturer can offer several different models. Choosing the right steam stove can seem a little daunting.
Ask yourself these questions to determine which steam stove is right for you.
• Where do you want your heater to mount? Most steam heaters either mount on the floor (floor mount) or on the wall (flatwall or corner mount). If you have a preference as to where your heater mounts, make sure the heater you select is compatible with the location
• Do you want a sauna humidifier? Some steam sauna heaters come installed with a sauna humidifier, which is a column you can pour water in to generate heat for 20-30 minutes at a time. If this is important to you, select a heater with a humidifier installed
• How much do you want to spend on electric bills? Some steam sauna heaters are considered extremely energy-efficient, and some are less so. You may pay more upfront for a heater that claims to be energy-efficient, but in the long run may pay less on electric bills
• Do you care what it looks like? Some sauna heaters have a “sleeker” design than others, but will probably cost more
• What kind of warranty does it have? Some sauna heaters have limited warranties with the option to purchase an extended warranty; is this important to you?
|Sheri Ann Richerson|